Southside Ladies Rules
- All matches must commence by 9.15am.
- It is the responsibility of all team members to ensure 3 players are available for each match. If a team does not have 2 players on court ready to play by 9.30am that team forfeits the 1st set. If 2 players are not ready to play by 9.45am the 2nd set is forfeited and if 2 players are not on court by 10am, the match is forfeited and forfeiting costs apply - any forfeiting teams are responsible for the full cost of both teams.
- Players will change ends on the odd game.
- A match is deemed complete at the conclusion of the 5th set. (Semi-finals, finals and best of the rest - all sets must be completed) OR if a team is in an unbeatable position when play is suspended due to rain.
- Team members may borrow a player from their own division or a division lower.
- Any player who has physically played all matches for a team.
- The winning team will be the team with the most games or in the event of games being even, the one with the most sets. If a semi-final or final match results in games and sets being even the last four players remain on court to play a deciding 12 point tie breaker.
- Wet matches - 6 points for an unplayed match and bye.
- Should rain interrupt play during a match, teams must wait 30 minutes and then check with the court owner to determine whether play can be resumed.
Points to be awarded as follows:
- Teams 6 points for a win plus 0.1 of a point for every game won
- Teams 5 points for a tie plus 0.1 of a point for every game won
- Teams 3 points for a loss plus 0.1 of a point for every game won
- Teams 9 points for a forfeited match - (winning team)
- Unregistered replacement players must become registered and have physically played four matches with the same team to be allowed to substitute for that team. No more than one replacement player is allowed in semi finals and finals. Tennis Brisbane must approve of any such replacements.